Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Don't get me wrong

Under my skin, there is a restlessness.
The restlessness to be away from here, away from the roar of sleepless roads and ceaseless sirens.
I want to be out were the sun is shinning, the air is pure, the water is clear, were lush ferns uncurl their tendrils, were each step stirs up the smell of the earth. Here, the smell of the cars over crowd and snuff out the sweet floral scent of flowers with new crisp petals.
Is this really "Civilization"? What is so civil about it? Turn on the News, and the first thing you get is about a double homicide...pathetic....embaressing...there is nothing civil about the way many people act. I'd rather take my chances in a true jungle than in this one made of hard concrete and icy steel. Maybe that's the problem, we spend so much time in these concrete jungles, away from the sun and trees, that we too are becoming like the very buildings we have imprisioned ourselves in. Grey, harsh, emotionless, plain, like every other of its kind.
I will not be a slave to this "Civilization".
I will not be caged by this "Civilization".
I WILL be free of this "Civilization", even if I have to go to the ends of the Earth to do so.
Everybody want's everything, but I have figured out a way I might actually get it. The problem I see is everyone else wants material ob jects, and you will never have everything.
I think I can have my way because I don't want that sort of thing. I want the warmth of the sun on my skin, clear water to see the bottom, mud under my feet, scents in my nose, vision in my eyes, sounds in my ears. Most of what I want, I already have anyways, you see.
I wouldn't care if the government made my dreams illegal, I would still follow them. I would run away to join my Blackfoot ancestors, I would run to join my African ancestors. I'd rather be a Tribe Warrior then a "Civilized" person.
I want to farm, not to make copies for someone who wouldn't even remember my name.
I want to run wild with the wolves, not run after taxis.
I want healing of my own, not to be pumped full of chemicals.
I want to be happy, there will be no half-way or compromise to that.
I will decide when I am happy, that is for no one else to decide but me.
And I will not be truely happy until I have cured this restlessness and have my place.
I WILL excape this "Civilization", not matter how high the wall is.

No comments:

Post a Comment